Whole Grain Waffle Recipe by The Naked Kitchen
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or a combination of whole wheat, rye, soy, oat, buckwheat, spelt, etc. (I usually use 1 cup whole wheat pastry, 1/2 cup oat and 1/2 cup spelt).
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups low fat milk (1/4 cup less for waffles)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp raw honey, brown rice syrup or coconut nectar, warmed in microwave for 10 seconds
- 1/4 cup olive oil or sunflower oil plus a little extra to rub on the griddle
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until throughly combined. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and oil until smooth, add the milk, honey and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and beat only until large lumps disappear. The batter should be fairly thin (thicker for waffles).
- For waffles use 1/4 cup less milk for a thicker batter . Mist your waffle iron with olive oil and heat iron. Pour batter into the iron (mine uses 1/4 cup batter but check your manufacturers instructions) and cook until steam stops. Remove the waffle and top as desired.
- Top with real maple syrup, fruit and yogurt, apple or pumpkin butter, honey, etc.
Source: Click Here
I put Chobani in all of my smoothies but today was the first day I ate it without it being in a smoothie. I knew I had to put it into some kinda of dessert so I found this recipe online. I’m making this tonight! And I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (my soulmate) so seeing those on top just makes this pie look soo much better.
Peanut Butter Yogurt Pie
Rich and creamy peanut butter pie in an Oreo crust. Made with just Greek yogurt and peanut butter, the tart peanut butter filling is loaded with healthy fats and protein. No-bake and simple prep make it a must-try!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: N/A
- 32 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt (I’m partial to Chobani)
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 9-inch crust of your choice (Oreo, graham cracker, etc.)
In a large mixing bowl, stir the yogurt and peanut butter with a wire whisk until blended. Spread into the prepared pie shell. Chill the pie overnight (the pie will be thicker the longer it is chilled). Serve with chopped peanut butter cups or whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition stats per slice (1/10 of pie): 270 calories, 14g fat (3g sat), 22g carbohydrate (14 g sugar, 2g fiber), 14g protein
This looks so dang good.
Clean Eating Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup Oats
- 3 Egg whites
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Plain greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 1
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Tip- Foil cupcake liners, remove the inner paper lining (because paper liners tend to stick to muffins!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
- Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.*Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
- Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!***This amazing recipe and more can be found HERE at Dashing Dish